Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts Studio
Dance is a gift for everyone to share and enjoy.
At the Academy of Ballet and Dance Arts (ABDA), we’re dedicated to providing quality, professional dance and ballet instruction to students of all skill and age levels – pre-school to adult – building a solid foundation in classical ballet while fostering a love of dance.
Our ballet classes are carefully designed, based on the Royal Academy of Dance method with a focus on progressive development rather than age group, allowing the dancer to progress in stages. When classes are implemented through safe and correct instruction, children, whose bodies are not yet fully developed, are protected from the damage that can result from poor teaching.
Professional ballet training – For the love of dance
The staff at the Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts works continuously to improve and preserve the integrity and standards of classical ballet while instilling a love of dance and the arts. Our instructors provide clear, sound dance education with a professional approach that promotes discipline, dedication and personal achievement. Young students attending ABDA classes benefit artistically, educationally and socially – life lessons that extend far beyond the achievements gained in classical ballet training.
We offer opportunity to advance in class levels to pre-professional, both for the more serious student and for personal achievement. And we welcome students seeking ballet instruction to enhance and expand training in theatre, musical theatre, and other dance forms.
Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts classes consist of various dance disciplines, including:
- Classical ballet – the foundation
- Free Movement – incorporates movements in common with other dance styles, such as Contemporary, Modern and Lyrical Dance.
- Character Dance – the theatrical presentation of national dance using original ethnic dance and music. Three styles, Hungarian, Russian, and Polish, are used because of their historic importance in the development of the nineteenth century full-length classical ballets.
Our ABDA programs for toddlers and beginning dancers provide a caring, professional introduction to dance and ballet.
- Tiny Tot Dance Exploration – Toddlers, ages 2-3, learn dance through moving, singing and fun with music and props
- Our ever popular Fairy Tale Ballet – ABDA is the original developer of this popular class – a method of instruction for beginning ballet dancers, pre-school ages 3-5, that introduces ballet through imaginative dance choreography and the use of familiar fairy tale themes
ABDA ballet classes culminate in an annual spring performance.
Learn more about the Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts’ ballet and dance classes for all levels.