ABDA Ballet Studio Policies & Dress Code
Ballet Studio Dress Code
Dress code at the Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts is mandatory.
- Girls – hair must be neatly pulled back, away from the face and off the neck, pinned securely in a bun or braids.
- No jewelry except for very small stud earrings with safety backs (for safety reasons).
- Character skirts and character shoes are required from Level 1 onward. See your teacher for ordering information.
- Before wearing new ballet/dance shoes, have them checked by your instructor.
- Shoes with black soles must be non-marking. Absolutely NO street shoes on dance floor.
- Dress Code For Adults: Leotards, tights or leggings, and pink ballet shoes for women.
Dance Boutique – Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts regulation dancewear – including leotards, tights, shoes, and hair accessories – is available on-site at our ABDA Dance Boutique. Please call 503-381-3281 or contact us to receive a Dress Code sheet or to order dance attire.
Ballet Studio Policies
We are dedicated to providing a safe, pleasant and supportive learning environment that inspires growth and the love of dance for all students.
The following Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts registration, tuition payment and school policies are provided in order to help make your experience a positive one. Please read carefully:
- Full payment is due by the first class of each term. Registration for ballet classes or a class series is for the entire term. Partial payments of 1/2 or 1/3 non-discounted tuition can be arranged through the Director. End of year performance requires some costume and performance costs.
- A late fee of $15 will be charged for any payment not received by the 10th of the month. If any account is 20 days past due, the student may not continue class until payment is made. WE DO NOT SEND BILLING STATEMENTS.
- Registration forms must include payment. Classes are filled on first come first served basis.
- A $20 non-refundable registration fee is due only once per year (September through August). A $5 fee may be applied for additional non-standard administrative services.
- FAMILY DISCOUNT: Take a 5% discount if family is registered for 5 or more classes per week when full payment is made by the time of registration.
- ALL STUDENTS: Take a 5% discount off tuition when registered for 2 or more classes per week.
- NO REFUNDS, NO TRANSFERS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There will be a $35 charge for NSF checks.
- Schedule is subject to change. A prorated refund will be given if a class is cancelled for the term.
Attendance – Regular attendance and timely arrival are expected. Late comers may be asked to watch class to avoid injury.
Missed Classes – Missed classes are expected to be made up at or below class level within the session/term, no later. There are no refunds for missed classes. Class cancellations due to inclement weather follow Lake Oswego school closures.
Performances – Students in Pre-Ballet B and onward must take a minimum of two classes per week. Students in pre-pointe and pointe class must take a minimum of three times per week. Any student unprepared for any performance due to repeated absences may not be allowed to perform. Additional rehearsal time may be required.
Private Lessons – Private lessons must be arranged and pre-paid through the Director. Schedules and fees are also arranged through the Director.
Conduct – All staff, students and parents are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which promotes mutual respect and a positive learning environment. Every student in the school is expected to conform to its rules and regulations. Disruptive, derogatory, demeaning or abusive behavior is not tolerated and can result in expulsion from ABDA. In the event a child is disruptive, time out may be used. If disruptive behavior continues, the parent will be called to help find a solution.
Insurance – Personal accident insurance is the responsibility of the student.
Food – NO food, drink or gum in the dance studios or lobby. Food may be eaten in the lobby on the main floor.
(Please read carefully) As a participant at the Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts (ABDA) classes, Age-Less Body Pilates Studio, and/or any Goldthwaite Studios LLC related-activities (including rehearsals and performances), I am aware of the nature of the activities, and accept that there are inherent risks in any such activities and that physical contact is often required for instruction. I therefore release the owner and instructors of ABDA and Age-Less Body Pilates Studio and Goldthwaite Studios LLC from all responsibility and liability for any and all personal injuries or other claims, and/or monetary compensation. Participants, visitors and/or parents/guardians of any minor, authorize the owner, instructors and employees of ABDA and Age-Less Body Pilates Studio and Goldthwaite Studios LLC to seek medical treatment in the event of an accident or emergency. Photos taken during programs, classes or at the ABDA may be used for promotional purposes and other dance/artistic-related purposes. Registration for group classes is for the entire term. Payment of fees and participation in these classes and programs shall constitute acceptance of this liability waiver, terms of registration, medical and photography release.
Thank you for choosing the Academy of Ballet & Dance Arts and
Age-Less Body Pilates Studio!